Santa’s Back at Conestoga Mall and he couldn’t be more excited to have his photo taken with you! GEMINI Models work with Santa (as his Fairies) at Santa’s Magical Fairy Garden and they have put together a list of tips and tricks to make sure that you get the perfect holiday photo.
1. Pre-register – Santa is very busy getting his photo taken this time of year and lineups can get quite long. Did you know you can help make the line go faster by pre-registering before you get to the mall? Check out the link here.
2. Arrive Prepared – Santa is very busy this time of year which means that when you come to visit there might be a line up to see him. Pack a bag before you leave with a few things to help pass the time. Our costumed Fairies thought of the following ideas:
- A comb (to do some last minute touch ups)
- A favorite toy (to help your children smile)
- Ipad/Iphone/Android/Tablet (why not watch the Magical Fairy Garden Story while you wait? Click here for the link or press play above or try out one of the many activities Conestoga Mall has provided on their website: click here.)
3. Plan your Outfit – There is nothing we love more than seeing children dressed up in an adorable holiday outfit. We’ve seen everything from ‘the ugly christmas sweater’ to little ones dressed as elves or Old Saint Nick himself! Check out some of the stores at Conestoga Mall for the perfect holiday outfit for your photo.
- Introduce your child to Santa by facing them away from him and towards the camera. Then we can snap a quick picture before the little one notices where they are.
- Hop in the photo! Usually children are less fearful if they get to sit on a parent’s lap instead of Mr. Claus.
- Ask a Fairy to join the photo. We are happy to help!
- Remember, even if your little one is screaming out in fear – it makes for a fun photo to share with them in the future.
5. Getting the Perfect Family Photo. Once you are all seated in your matching outfits on the big red couch, remember to look at the camera and smile. We often get parents who are focused on making there child smile, but that’s our job. We’ll do our part if you do yours – relax and say “cheese”!
6. Bring Friends – The display isn’t just for the little ones. We love to see various teams, clubs or groups of friends visiting Santa.
7. Plan your Pose – Decide whether you’d like your little ones to pose by themselves or in a family group shot. Why not take a silly photo? We love seeing people get creative – maybe a photo of you crying to relive your childhood photo with Santa!
8. Make a Wish – Before you exit the Magical Fairy Garden, make a wish in the magical fountain. Get a coin from our Fountain Fairy and toss it in – then wait for the magical sounds of your wish traveling all the way to Santa’s workshop.
9. Don’t forget to bring a Cash Donation – Conestoga Mall provides photo services for FREE but they love to see everyone getting into the holiday spirit by making a donation to help children in our community. This year. the charity of choice is Carizon Family & Community Service. Read all about how this amazing organization supports mental health programs in our Region – click here. No cash — no problem! After you get your photo taken, we send you an email with your photos and it has a link so that you can donate online. Last year we raised $16,350 for KidsAbility!
10. Don’t forget your Photo Receipt – Before leaving the set, we will give you a slip of paper with the date and photo number in case there is an issue with the email. We send photos taken immediately to your email so if you don’t receive it, make sure to first check your junk mail. If it’s still not there, come back and see us (with your receipt) and we will make sure to get it sorted out.
With all of these tips and tricks you are guaranteed to have the perfect Holiday photo!
Santa Photo Hours: Tuesday to Friday 12 noon to 8 pm; Saturday: 10 am to 8 pm, Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm and Monday Dec. 22 10 am to 8 pm.
Santa’s Last Day at Conestoga Mall – Tuesday, December 23 (10am to 8pm)
We look forward to meeting you!
Conestoga Mall’s Magical Fairies